This is an agreement for the adoption of [NAME], a [COLOR] [SEX] [BREED] canine, between [ADOPTER NAME] (Adopter) and Howling Woods Farm (Luv2Howl). Adoption donation is $200.00.
By signing this adoption agreement, I certify that I have read, understood and agree to the following conditions:
- The Adopter agrees to take the animal to a veterinarian for an examination within seven (7) days after signing the contract and to hold Howling Woods harmless for any defects the animal may now or later possess. If the Adopter returns the animal to Howling Woods for medical reasons, there must be a note from a veterinarian stating the medical problem.
- The Adopter accepts the responsibility for caring and providing for this animal’s welfare and agrees the animal will always receive quality food, water, shelter, companionship and veterinary care as needed and all vaccinations will be kept up to date. The Adopter agrees to comply with all state and local laws governing licensing and ownership of animals.
- By signing this agreement the Adopter certifies that they have a companion canine which will be in the company of and kept with this adopted animal at times when all members of the household are gone for extended periods of time (greater than one hour).
- The Adopter agrees his/her dog will be maintained as an indoor/outdoor dog provided that when it is outdoors, it has proper shelter from the elements (rain, heat, sun, etc) and must be provided with fresh water at all times.
- The Adopter agrees to contact Howling Woods in the event he/she can no longer keep this animal and that this dog will NEVER be sold, leased, or given to any pet shop, animal shelter, research laboratory, or similar facility. The animal is NEVER to be transferred to another party without notifying Howling Woods of the new owner’s name, address, telephone number and obtaining prior permission from Howling Woods for the transfer.
- The Adopter has been advised by Howling Woods of any and all known adverse behavior problems and agrees to hold Howling Woods harmless. The Adopter will be responsible for any damage or injury to persons or property that may be caused by the animal after he/she takes custody and possession of it.
- The Adopter agrees to provide periodic reports to Howling Woods, by E-mail, phone call, or U.S. mail, for a period of one year from the date of this agreement. The Adopter agrees to receive phone calls and/or visits from Howling Woods to check on the adjustment and progress of the animal.
- The Adopter agrees that if any of the above terms are not satisfactorily met, Howling Woods may reclaim this animal without refunding the adoption fee. The Adopter will be responsible for any medical or boarding fees incurred in readopting the respective Animal.
- Liquidated Damages: The adopter agrees to pay Howling Woods $500.00 in the event that adopter breaches any terms in this agreement which does not bar Howling Woods from seeking return of the animal by legal means.
- The Adopter understands that the adoption donation is not a purchase price, but a contribution used to help other animals.
YOUR SIGNATURE: ________________________________________ DATE: _____________________
HOWLING WOODS FARM REPRESENTATIVE: ____________________ DATE: _____________
1371 West Veterans Hwy
Jackson, NJ 08527
phone (732) 276-6965 or e-mail at email@example.com